Hand Painted Pine Box - with Bees



I painted this old pine blanket box - not an antique, more 1980s and bashed up.


I didn't pick this up anywhere, I've had it a while and here's the before pic, quite a bit of damage to the varnish and a white mark made by a hot mug of tea!

Next, here's the box painted with Chalk Paint, it's a lovely soft lavender or violet.



I didn't want to experiment with too much distressing of paint with this piece, I love the victorian style graphics on the site of The Graphics Fairy and have transferred two here onto the lid, then hand painted over in antique gold paint.


I added a final bee to the front of this box.
Did a small bit of 'distressing' around the lid and lip along the bottom of the box.
And used clear wax to finish - it added a lovely soft shine.


So here it is, my finished blanket box, I'm really pleased with it!!





Comments

Popular Posts