White Paint and Oak Top Bedside Cabinets

Welcome to what may be the last post of this amazing year!  There's been so many favourite stories, I'll have to do a January special - but meantime, here's some bedside cabinets I've been working on.


These are nearly finished, my client wants to fit their own handles and hasn't even bought them yet.  So many people ask about painting boring old pine... the fact is if you have good, solid pine furniture, you can really transform it.


Here's the 'before' pic.  I took the pic after a bit of sanding on the tops.  My client wanted these to be painted plain white (Autentico's Roman White) and the tops to be stained dark oak.  After a couple of coats, the top's sealed with a matt varnish and the chalk paint with clear wax. A great little job and it brings these cabinets right up to date :-)


Happy New Year planning!!

Comments

Popular Posts