Paris Grey painted chest of drawers

Actually, this is not JUST a chest of drawers story.  I've just finished refurbing a chest of drawers and a customer asked me to do the same finish on a chair and some small tables.


Here's the chest of drawers in the incarnation before... well made, but looking really quite dated from the 1980s.


 Oh my goodness, don't things looks so different in the sun?


I've painted everything all over in Foggy Venice chalk paint - which is a light 'Paris' grey.  That includes the handles, then I sealed and finished everything with white chalk wax.  The 'limed' finish has been a real favourite this year.


I gave this brown chair the same treatment...


Completely different design of legs - but the white chalk wax looks so great on any carved work.


There were some old brown tables that got the same finish - they're all going out of the workshop straight into a newly decorated room... would be nice to see them all at home together :-)

Comments

Popular Posts