French Painted Chest of Drawers

I get so excited when I find something FRENCH - here's a lovely small chest of drawers I picked up and just refurbished with chalk paint.


And here's the before - it's quite a recent reproduction but lots of lovely features.


I'd hoped to paint it and re-wax and polish the top but there were too many dings for that...  next time...


I painted it all over in Autentico's Paris White and added a little bit of Lime to the chalk paint, then went to work with some soft sand papering to give it a bit of shabby chic.


Then used lots of clear and dark soft wax to work into the chalk paint and bring out the design and 'antique' the finish...


Oh I just love those cute little legs!


The finished result is just what I was hoping for - and I added some Antique Gold gilding to the handles to finish.


Looking all antiqued up and very Louis!


 Here she is in the shop now.


Comments

Popular Posts