Saturday, 3 August 2013

Camping in North Kintyre, Scotland

The weather has been unusually hot for a few weeks, which made it really difficult to do anything other than get outside - just too good to miss!


So I packed all my camping equipment into the back of the car and went off to the West Coast of Scotland, to the Kintyre Peninsula for a couple of days.


Fifi was with me as usual.  We went to an excellent campsite right on the beach.


We went for looong walks along the white beaches.


The campsite was opposite the Isle of Jura, so the Paps were visible most of the time.



Fifi had such a good time playing with the children on the beach, she needed to cool off a lot - you wouldn't normally see her wanting to get wet!


Some of the rock formations on the coastline created steps and triangles... I took this pic of natural still life - nothing added.


The colours of the sea - well Atlantic Ocean really - were just stunning.  I have to do more costal colours with my furniture painting!


With fresh clear waters and seaweed forests gently swaying.


We came across the tomb on a cliff looking out to the islands.


The tomb of the Campbells of Drimnamucklach - trips off the tongue doesn't it?  Don't ask me how to pronounce it.


So the skies were clear and we had the most fabulous sunsets.





 This was a sunset on the second night - it was a little bit misty after a scorcher of a day.




I'm hoping to get out and about with the tent some more, but for now the rain is back on. That means back to refurb!!  This week I've been working on a commission - a teenager wants her dressing table white - so more on that next post.