Thursday, 2 May 2013

Return of the Claw and Ball Foot Table

One of my earlier pieces was a claw and ball foot table that I painted in lightened duck egg blue chalk paint.


Remember me???  Too much of My Big Fat Greek Wedding... You can see the original make-over here Claw and Ball Foot Table  


Well, I just wasn't happy with it and I have been going backwards and forwards trying to create something I feel is right for the table.


So here it is again - what I decided to do was paint over the Duck Egg Blue with French Linen Chalk Paint.


I have done A LOT of distressing to this piece.  If you don't like it - LOOK AWAY NOW! This post contains graphic images that some people may find disturbing...

So anyhoo, I've worked through the colours, sanding away to get show through from the original wood and layers of chalk paint.


I really love the character of this table and am looking for a lamp that will compliment it's new look.


The carved areas at the top of the legs and side of the table has Old White Chalk Paint added, again it's been treated in quite a rough way, but I really do think this table suits the harsh-shabby look.