Sunday, 10 February 2013

February - Fifi and some sun (please)

Being in Glasgow and it being February there's been hardly any sunlight!!

Last weekend was the start of February and I was out on a lovely long walk because it was the first sunny day for weeks - it felt like spring had arrived.


But this week, it's been back to grey, gloom, rain, snow...   

The sunny weather made me book my little dog, Fifi into the Poodle Parlour for a cut and blowdry.


She's recovering from 3 months of illness last year... after she was spayed she contracted blood poisoning.  It wasn't detected, so she was misdiagnosed and treated for all kinds of ailments.  It finally got treated and she got bacterial meningitis. Steroids, ugh!! I sooooo hope that's all over now.

  Here she is, she's on the mend now :-)  Perky and full of beans at two and a half years of age!


So I'll have to get find her a funky doggy jumper today - needs to keep warm.


Yup - went for the leopard skin... she makes little piggy snorting noises when she gets excited.  And the snow get her reeeeally exited!


I live in the West End of Glasgow, near the University.  I took this pic yesterday, as I headed out for a walk by the river, noon in Glasgow, very overcast... nice shabby streetlamp.


Aaah, the snowdrops are out now.


At Kelvinbridge - let Glasgow Flourish!


A great idea for February - go to the theatre!  Last night I saw Matthew Bourne's fabulous Sleeping Beauty.  A gothic ballet in a gothic theatre - check the cherubs above the curtain.